When it comes to interior design, safety and technology on board, requirements change over the years. When you don’t feel like buying a newly built yacht you may choose for a refit. VMG Yachtbuilders performs and manages refit projects to let your yacht meet all your wishes and the standards of today.
A second life
A refit is an investment in value and pleasure of your yacht. After replacement of damaged, corroded and outdated parts, your yacht is like new and you are ready to sail another 20 years.
All expertise under one roof
Apart from yacht carpenters and composite builders and a project team, VMG Yachtbuilders has a large network of specialists like metal workers, technical installers, yacht painters, diesel mechanics and riggers. We take care and responsibility for the complete project.
What we do:
- carpentry interior and exterior
- glass/epoxy and carbon/epoxy sandwich, gelcoat and GRP-repairs
- technical installations and engine maintenance and repairs
- rigging and sails
- metallic repairs (steel, aluminium)
- navigation, infotainment and other electronic equipment
- decking: teak repair, teak replacement, teak alternatives and Hi-Tide Deck (foam decks)
- (spray)painting and varnishing
The teak deck specialist
When you set high demands on a traditional teak deck, VMG Yachtbuilders is the place to go. The teak is carefully selected from the tree trunk and quarter sawn to our own specifications. When we restore or repair an existing teak deck, the seams are milled clean from old glue and caulking centimeter by centimeter. The subsurface will carefully be inspected and prepared before gluing. We apply teak decks screwless and without plywood underlayment.
By the way: we can produce decks in any other material as well.